Some examples of her experience in specific matters includes:
· Representation of clients in connection with distributorship and re-seller agreements, consulting and independent contractor agreements, service and management agreements, software and internet services agreements
· Representation of seller is sale of large oil well servicing business
· Representation of sellers in sale of franchise and non-franchise businesses
· Representation of seller of multiple franchise restaurants
· Representation of multiple non-profit organizations (charitable, educational and religious) in connection with formation and obtaining federal tax-exempt recognition and in governance and operations
· Representation of national alcoholic beverage manufacturer in negotiation of long term manufacturing agreement
· Representation of national alcoholic beverage manufacturer in negotiation of international distributorship agreement
· Representation of national alcoholic beverage manufacturer in negotiation international license agreement for trademarks, and for international sale of trademarks
· Representation of multiple clients to obtain minority-owned or women-owned certifications (federal, state, regional and <st1:policysmarttags.cwspolicytagaction_9 w:st="on" tagtype="8">private certifications)
· Representation of employer clients in connection with employment and severance agreements
· Representation of financial institutions and officers and directors of financial institutions in connection with federal regulatory enforcement actions
· Representation of hospital and other health care providers in connection with various business transactions, including analysis of regulatory issues
Memberships, Community Involvement and Service
Jan currently serves on the Board of Directors of Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas and is the Chair Elect of that Board. She previously served on the Board of Directors of LEAD SA, a 501(c)(3) educational, charitable organization associated with the North Chamber, which she formed and for which she obtained tax exempt status. She previously served as Vice President and then President of the Oakes Club, a local professional women’s organization. She is a member of the San Antonio Women’s Chamber of Commerce and has been active in the San Antonio Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO). Jan served as Chair of the Women’s Advisory Board for Sapient Financial Group.
Jan served on the Board of Directors of the North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce for six years, serving as Chair of the Business Development Council and also as Chair of the Leadership and Professional Development Council for a total of three years.
Jan is a graduate of the Leadership Texas program (Class XXIV) sponsored by the Foundation for Women’s Resources, and is a member of the San Antonio Leadership Texas Alumnae chapter. She is also a graduate of the Leadership San Antonio program (class of 1999), co-sponsored by the Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce and the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Jan is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Bar Foundation, the San Antonio Bar Association, the Bexar County Women’s Bar Association, the American Health Lawyers Association, the Texas Association of Bank Counsel, the San Antonio Estate Planners Council and the Alamo Area Mediators Association. Jan has provided pro bono legal services through the local Wills Clinic for low-income citizens of our community, the Nonprofit Clinic sponsored by Association of Corporate Council and pro bono mediations through the Bexar County DisputeResolution Center.
In 2005, Jan was a recipient of a Women’s Leadership Award from the San Antonio Business Journal. Jan was named as one of the Best Lawyers in Business/Corporate in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, and Best Lawyers in Closely Held Business in 2009, 2010, and 2012, and Best Lawyers in Mergers and Acquisitions in 2011 by “Scene in SA,” as selected by her peers. In July 2010, Jan and Eileen each received the 2010 Community Service Award from the North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce.