Mr. Sartin is a shareholder and director of the Tulsa law firm of Barrow & Grimm, P.C. His areas of concentration are in business, commercial, employment and healthcare litigation and transactions. He received his Juris Doctorate (1988) and Bachelors Degree in Business Administration (finance major) (1985) from the University of Oklahoma.
His litigation skills and expertise have been acknowledged by several national organizations and publications serving the legal profession, including the time-honored AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell; Oklahoma Magazine; continuously selected as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer in business litigation since its inception in 2006 and as a prestigious Top Fifty in Oklahoma since 2009; and The Best Lawyers in America for 2013.
He is active in many professional organizations including the Tulsa County Bar Association, where he served as President in 2002-2003. In 2005, he received the prestigious Gary C. Clark Distinguished Service Award. In 2012, he received Golden Rule ethics award. He also has served as a director (1993-1994, 1996-1997 and 1998-2004) and on the executive committee (1996-1997 and 1998-2004). He has also chaired the Young Lawyers Committee (1993-1994), and was named Outstanding Young Lawyer (1993-1994). He also served as the Treasurer of the Centennial Committee (2000-2003). He is also a charter fellow of the Tulsa County Bar Foundation, and has served as President in 2003-2004 and on the Board of Directors (2000-2005).
Mr. Sartin is also active in the Oklahoma Bar Association, where he has served on the Board of Governors (1998, 2005-2008), the Civil Procedure Committee (1990-1995) and the Administration of Justice Committee (1991-1996). He has also been a member of the OBA Young Lawyers Division and has served as Chairperson (1997) and on its board of directors (1993-1998). He was named Outstanding Young Lawyer by the OBA in 1998. He is also a Fellow of the Oklahoma Bar Foundation.
Mr. Sartin is a member of the American Bar Association. In 1997, he represented the OBA as delegate to the American Bar Associations Annual Meeting. He has been a member of the American Inns of Court in both the W. Lee Johnson Chapter and the Robert D. Hudson Chapter.
He has previously served as Chairman of the Advisory Board of OU-Tulsa. He also has served on the board of directors for Ronald McDonald House Childrens Charities, The Tulsa Club and has held the office of President for the University of Oklahomas alumni organization, the Empire Club. He is an active member of Gilcrease Museum of Art, Philbrook Museum of Art, Sigma Chi Fraternity and First Presbyterian Church.
Mr. Sartin is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Oklahoma, the United States District Courts for Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. He frequently presents professional seminars on issues of health care and employment law.
Year Joined Organization:1988
- Represented seller of $50,000,000 underground natural gas storage facility.
- Represented purchasers of interest in specialty hospital.
- Represented buyer of national web-based background screening company.
- Representation of international franchise marketing and management company in numerous
- Representation of numerous banks and private lenders.
- Represented litigants in more than 500 cases in state and federal courts.
- Represented City of Tulsa and Tulsa International Airport in $14,000,000 contract
dispute with lender.
- Recovered $2.5 million dollars on behalf of former employees in breach of contract case against employer.
- Successfully defended franchisor in several complex franchisee disputes.
- Defendants verdict in private safety deposit box mysterious theft.
- Successful prosecution of trade secret and confidential information theft.
- Recovered millions of dollars for plaintiffs in personal injury cases.
- Successful defense of railroad abandonment case.
- Successful prosecution of breach of contract case brought by dealer against auto manufacturer.
- Successful defense of numerous employment cases.
Areas of Practice:
Banking Finance Law
Business Commercial Law
Election Campaign Political Law
Employment Law -- Employer
Health Health Care Law
Probate Estate Administration
Real Estate Law
75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman,
University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, 1985 B.B.A.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIA- TIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Tulsa County Bar Association, Inc.,
1988 - Present
Oklahoma Bar Association,
1988 - Present
U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1988
U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1988
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1988
U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1988
U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
HONORS AND AWARDS
2012 Golden Rule Ethics Award
2005 Gary C. Clark Distinguished Service Award
1998 OBAs Outstanding Young Lawyer
1993 TCBAs Outstanding Young Lawyer